Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Beg, Borrow, and Steal

As a new teacher, you quickly learn that your best survival skill will be to utilize the three verbs "beg, borrow, and steal." Upon quickly being thrust into a room with 35 children, and realizing not only do you have very little clue what to do, or materials to do it with, your best strategy is to beg, borrow and steal from those who have been doing this longer than you have.

Beg - Need lesson plans? Emergency plans? A new classroom management strategy? I have met many teachers whom I have asked advice from, and not once has someone said, "Oh, I really don't want to share my wisdom with you." They always say, "OhMyGosh, try this!" And invariably, it is a fresh new idea that works great when I put it to use in my classroom with my own spin on things.

Borrow - I adore TeachersPayTeachers.com. I work in a small, rural school district. I am my department. I am two departments technically. I came from my previous schools being the same size as the size of the town I currently work in - so it has been and adjustment not having other teachers at my site to run to for materials that I can borrow, manipulate, and copy. I am always making new connections at conferences, but discovering that TPT means I can share materials with educators all around the world was the best find ever! Each time I search for something on there, and find it with ease, already created, I do a happy dance. No. Joke.

Steal - I'm still pretty new to this blogging world. I know my way around basic Web design, photo design, and HTML, but any way I can make this journey of mine into blogging a bit easier I am a fan of.  My incredible friend over at Assisting Descubrimiento has been wonderfully helping me to set up all the awesomeness you find here. She even made this adorable button to link to your Bloglovin site! So I promptly stole it, mixed it with some code, and here we are - a snazzy button to link to Bloglovin.



Take the code below, paste it into your Design Layout, HTML editor section, and you will have a snazzy button that links back to your blog through Bloglovin. Check it out!

http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p780/teachprayloveblog/followmebloglovin_zpsf5b1d994.jpg 


2 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks perfect on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You make some more, and I'll gladly post and share ;)

      Delete